As our Partner, the One Planet Sustainable Tourism Programme at UNWTO, made us aware, we would like to inform the providers of our 52 LT&C-Examples that entries and nominations for the WTM Global Responsible Tourism Awards are now open, and this time they’re global. The deadline is August 31st 2021.
The awards are under these categories:
- Decarbonising Travel & Tourism,
- Sustaining Employees and Communities through the Pandemic,
- Destinations Building Back Better Post-COVID,
- Increasing Diversity in Tourism: How inclusive is our industry?
- Reducing Plastic Waste in the Environment and
- Growing the Local Economic Benefit.
Details of the categories can be found here, along with a couple of videos with previous winners explaining why they apply and why the Responsible Tourism awards are important to them. Awards are being made in four regions: India, Africa, Latin America and the Rest of the World.
For additional information, please visit Global Awards.
Although this time none of the award categories specifically focus on biodiversity, we believe that quite a few of the LT&C-Examples meet some of the above and should be awarded.
Help spreading the information about the most responsible tourism destinations: the LT&C-Examples: