LT&C-Study Tour to Svalbard. Apart from the fact that this expedition is now offered with a 50% discount, there are several other good reasons to join LT&C-Founder Peter Prokosch on this exceptional tour this summer to the High Arctic:June 29 – July 8 is the date for the
- It is the best time of the year to observe High Arctic wildlife, including sea birds by the hundred thousands and shorebirds, which migrated extrem long distances to reach their breeding grounds this far North.
- It is the only region in the Arctic, where Polar Bears are totally protected and where they can be best observed in their natural environment and behaviour. The tour most certainly will provide optimal opportunities to take pictures of them.
- It is Norway’s state goal to make Svalbard the best managed wilderness in the world, and with your visit you will experience how Linking Tourism & Conservation is functioning on site. With your visit you are contributing to the management of the Svalbard national parks.
- You will see and learn, how LT&C once started, and what an LT&C-Example is.
- With the practical action on shore to collect garbage you are doing something good, be part of the Svalbard Governor’s systematic approach and discuss tho global issue of plastic in the sea.
- If you have never been in the High Arctic, there is no better place to experience so many aspects of the entire Arctic in a nutshell and come so close to many species of Arctic wildlife. Some people call it the “Galapagos of the Arctic”.
- With the different features of ice, such as glaciers and sea ice, and the knowledgable guides on board you will much better understand the global threat of climate change. Former visits to Svalbard by high level politicians/decision makers, such as Hillary Clinton from the USA or UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon, have contributed to important governmental decisions.
- You will be altogether inspired and motivated by this Arctic experience and most likely become an ambassador for the protection of the Arctic and other pristine places in the world.
- You will travel with Oceanwide Expeditions, a founding member of LT&C, which operates with high environmental standards, has excellent expedition leaders and guides, and played an important role to make Svalbard the first LT&C-Example, where tourism is supporting protected areas.
- Oceanwide Expeditions offers now for LT&C-members the following 50% reduced prices, which is an exception that may not happen again:
If you are an LT&C member you get a further discount of 10% on the above prices. For students the same prices are offered as for children. This means for a bed in a quadruple cabin they pay only 1.110 EURO.
If you are interested, you should look at the more detailed description of the tour and contact us: