If you are interested in Wolfs and Bears or want to know how tourism, wolf management, and national parks can produce a win-win, save the dates and meet the experts! A Workshop on “Tourism, Wolf Management and National Parks”, embedded in a 5-day field excursion, is scheduled from 26 -31 May in the spectacular theatre of the Majella National Park, Abruzzo, Italy.
With our Partners, Biosfera Itinerari and CanisLupus Italia, we will lead you through a spectacular journey within our most admired, dreamed, iconic and at the same time maligned, vilified and persecuted animal species: the Wolf! Find the Workshop and field excursion agendas here :
Come and join our experts for a 5 – 7 days program for this unique learning and knowledge sharing experience. The all-inclusive rate at full board accommodation is 640 Euro (5 days) or 790 Euro (7 days).
The Scientific Workshop will explore historical and current threats to the wolf and bear, and will present current knowledge, required research and mitigation measures. We will share ways to prevent conflicts, provide resources to resolve problems, and encourage community initiatives to keep wolves and bears wild. We will use the workshop also for investigating how the national parks in the Abruzzo region and tourism supporting them (including the wolf management) can be profiled as LT&C-Example.
We wish to present a simple and clear program, yet based on scientific findings and presented by European Experts. Prominent Speakers will be presenting in a restricted networking conducive environment where knowledge and best practices exchange and interaction will be favored as we shall all be guests in the National Park accommodation. In addition to the Italian National Park Representatives, our International panel will include
- Dr. Duccio Berzi – CanisLupus, President, Italy
- Dr. Simone Angelucci – Wildlife Manager, Majella National Park
- Dr. Peter Prokosch – LT&C Founder, Norway
- Max Rossberg – European Wilderness Society
- Piotr Nieznanski – Conservation Expert, WWF Poland
- Dr. Marco Galaverni – WWF Italy, Species and Habitats
- Dr.ssa Giovanna di Domenico – Field Researcher Majella National Park
- Dr. Andrea Gennai – Science and Research Division, Abruzzo, Lazio e Molise National Park, AIDAP
- Dr.ssa Roberta Latini – Science and Research Division, Abruzzo, Lazio e Molise National Park
- Sergio Chiarandini – Senior Biodiversity & Wildlife Response Management Advisor, Eni, Kazakhstan
- Dr.ssa Daniella D’Amico – Promotion and Marketing Division, Abruzzo, Lazio e Molise National Park
- Dr. Paolo Iannica – Local tour operator and guide, Ecotur
The workshop is open to LT&C-Members and wolf- as well as regional experts. If you are interested to join, but not a Member yet, just sign up now. Updates about the event you will find on our calendar.
We invite you to share this information with others you think could be interested!
The Workshop is combined with the Linking Tourism & Conservation (LT&C) Annual General Meeting.
If you are interested…