[metaslider id=4552]For October 30 – November 18 2016 we are preparing for an LT&C Study-Tour, which covers the Falkland Islands, South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsular. This will be performed in cooperation with our founding member and partner Oceanwide Expeditions. Major themes of this tour will be the LT&C-Example South Georgia and Supporting Marine Protected Areas in the Southern Oceans. LT&C members form an own group on Board MV Ortelius, will be guided by LT&C-founder Peter Prokosch and will get an extra 10% discount on the ordinary (already 20% discounted) Oceanwide prices.
If you are interested in this region there are several good reasons to go on this study-tour, e.g.:
- It combines the visit of three of the most spectacular wilderness and wildlife places of the world;
- You will see at least 6 different penguin species and many albatross and other seabird species (for ornithologists and bird watchers it is a particular good time of season; and many species you will not easily find in other accessible areas of the word);
- You engage yourself in supporting the establishment of Marine Protected Areas (no fishing zones) around Antarctica;
- You will learn about why South Georgia (also with its history to former whaling) today is ranked as a leading example, where tourism is supporting protected areas (LT&C-Example);
- You will hardly find a more optimal expedition in terms of price and quality, if you want to visit all three places in one go and are conservation-minded or interested in marine bird- and mammal species. And if you are a member of LT&C you get an extra 10% discount on the already realyivly cheap prices of LT&C-founding member Oceanwide Expeditions, the experienced Polar tour operator from the Netherlands.
If you got interested: look at the more detailed description on our website, and
"*" indicates required fields