If you are interested in this region there are several good reasons to go on this study-tour, e.g.:
- It combines the visit of three of the most spectacular wilderness and wildlife places of the world;
- You will see at least 6 different penguin species and many albatross and other seabird species (for ornithologists and bird watchers it is a particular good time of season; and many species you will not easily find in other accessible areas of the word);
- You engage yourself in supporting the establishment of Marine Protected Areas (no fishing zones) around Antarctica;
- You will learn about why South Georgia (also with its history to former whaling) today is ranked as a leading example, where tourism is supporting protected areas (LT&C-Example);
- You will hardly find a more optimal expedition in terms of price and quality, if you want to visit all three places in one go and are conservation-minded or interested in marine bird- and mammal species. And if you are a member of LT&C you get an extra 10% discount on the already realyivly cheap prices of LT&C-founding member Oceanwide Expeditions, the experienced Polar tour operator from the Netherlands.
If you got interested: look at the more detailed description on our website, and